SWET membership is for professional writers, editors, and translators connected with Japan as well as anyone interested in these fields who wishes to connect with and support the society and its functions. Dues are ¥6,000 per year.
SWET is a volunteer-run, professional organization. All administrative functions in SWET are performed by volunteers.
Membership dues are used to:
- maintain and improve the SWET website’s public and member services
- support events organized to generate content for the Articles and Columns sections of the website
- pay costs involved in SWET’s online and print publication activities.
Member privileges are:
- special access to the job board on the SWET website
- access to full PDFs of past issues of the SWET Newsletter (as available)
- receipt of newly published articles as soon as they are available
- receipt of regular SWET e-mail bulletins about events, society business and activity planning, and other news and items of special interest to members
- attendance at all meetings and workshops at reduced member rates.
Membership in SWET is not a guarantee of the qualifications of its members. SWET does not set professional standards in the fields of expertise of its members. It cannot directly provide help in finding work in Japan or in editing, translating, rewriting, and related fields. Members of SWET do find work through networking among themselves, making acquaintances through social events and workshops, and sharing information via SWET-L.
To become a SWET member you need to:
- Provide us with your name, e-mail address, and other contact information.
- Remit your payment.
Once you have completed these steps, a SWET officer will contact you by e-mail with your password and a link to log in, and you can fill in and edit any further details of your profile.
Thank you for your interest in joining SWET!
|Oct. 23, 2021||SWET Talk Shop via Zoom: In Conversation with Diane Durston|
|View Past Events|